Your Initiation Beyond Self-Development
Self-development and self-actualization are magnificent.
Therapists, healers, relationship counseling, coaching: they work. They really, really work. We can grow our internal capacities to meet the world and rise and thrive – and we do. And even after all of that – even after you did the work and it worked –
Even after you grew your skills, your confidence, your purpose, your stability…even after strengthening your success, your relationships, your ability to care and influence, your very self…
…even now, after all of that, your questioning and questing urge for spirit and rich knowledge and depth remains.
There’s something deeper calling you.
It’s a spiritual hunger. A longing. A restlessness.
It’s not desperation; it’s quieter and sometimes even more compelling than that.
You have a deep and unwavering sense that there’s still more meaning, more depth, more spirit, more truth to be revealed — and you want to connect with it, know it, feel it, be it.
Self-development and self-actualization are the beginning of the path, the preparation.
But what we’re talking about here, is soul.
There’s a difference between self and soul.
Soul is your biggest, deepest, truest manifestation of your self.
Or, more accurately, your self is a fragment of your soul’s manifestation.
Self can expand or contract.
Soul cannot be expanded or developed. It is. It’s the divine, the universe, God, as it manifests in, through, as you.
Soul is a cosmic, spiritual transmission that encompasses your self.
Your self and your life – you – are the channel through which divine transmission flows into the world. This is soul power.
And so soul cannot be worked on the way self can be developed.
Soul can only be accessed, connected to, inhabited.
You don’t work a program to connect with soul.
You immerse yourself and surrender.
The longing, the restlessness, the hunger some people experience even after they’ve significantly self-actualized is spirit calling you to go deep, to shadow-dive.
You’re being haunted by your own depths.
And that is an invitation.
You’re at a threshold.
Your soul is calling you to your own initiation.
Learning to Breathe Underwater
This unwavering invitation to depth usually won’t feel heavy. Instead, it’s quiet, consistent. You know there’s something more, but you’re not in a shatter point. You’re not raw or reeling. You’re not suffocating under the weight of a life crisis or seeking immediate resolution. You’re not seeking an if-this-then-that formulaic experience. This isn’t a gamble or your desperate last hope transformation.
You know yourself. You love yourself. You’re not secretly hoping for something that will revolutionize your money or transform your career. You’ve already done that kind of work – you’ve already survived a great something, achieved, and created a strong foundation for an impressive life, rich relationships and an effective career.
This is something else.
You’re seeking spirit, God, truth, soul.
So you cross the threshold and dive deep for something more.
This is Shadow Diving and this is our journey together.
Nearly every spiritual tradition and culture holds space for shadow diving. Initiations, vision quests, Jesus wandering in the desert, Krishna in the wilderness, religious devotees retreating to ashrams and monasteries to connect more completely with God.
Across time and cultures, we seek containers and teachers for shadow diving.
It can be done in solitude, it can be done in the desert, it can be done in the wilderness or at a convent or an ashram – and it can be done with a teacher and a guide in the context of your own life.
The dark night of the soul has a path and there are companions who know the way.
This is my work.
I am your shadow diving guide.
I hold your sacred container so you don’t have journey alone.
I travel with you, honoring your journey, seeing the signs, inquiring with you. Together we witness revelations, we witness you breathing underwater.
On my part, there is teaching. There is holding witness. There is inquiry and intuition. There are monthly, face-to-face deep dives, coaching and check-ins by phone or video, and 24-7 email support. There is deep access to me. There is consistency, momentum, and spiritual depth. There is faith. There is guiding, navigating, and contextualizing so you don’t flounder or get lost.
But this is your spiritual journey.
And that’s what we’re initiating: your spiritual journey. Not a program.
This is about soul, not self.
After Learning to Breathe Underwater:
Your Soul-Powered Life
Shadow diving happens after the initial big project of self-development, after the trophies and the achievements, after the noise of urgent fixing subsides, but still the call to soul remains.
On the other side of shadow diving is your soul powered life.
When you emerge from the waters after shadow diving, or after wandering in the desert or retreating to the wilderness, you re-enter the world with a soul power forged in truth.
When you are soul-powered:
- You move through the world and relate to people with an unwavering conviction and compassion.
- Your intuitive sense of knowing makes your choices deliberate and significant rather than perfunctory or automatic.
- Your fire cannot be dimmed and your light cannot be darkened. You are continuously sourced from within.
- You don’t second-guess your decisions. You trust your truth first, faithfully, and freely.
- You feel meaning in the simplest of situations and you know yourself and your life to be meaningful.
- You know your contribution.
- You know your vision. You’re internally resourced and cosmically reinforced. You can foster it in the world.
- Your soul power sustains you. You’re connected to something bigger than yourself and it flows through you.
- Everything in your life might change.
- You might write a New York Times Bestseller, create a movement, reach new heights in your career, be magically able to keep your house clean and your desk clear, find the big love you’ve always dreamed of, get on Oprah’s radar, or finally paint that masterpiece.
- Or you might find that none of this matters anymore and you let it all go and invent a new future.
Maybe nothing external will change but the life you’ve been merely floating in will feel deeper, more meaningful, more magnificent.
You’ll pour your soul-powered contribution into it, and have a transformative impact on the people in your life – the teams you lead, the people you love, raise and care for, right where you are.
I can’t promise you any external rewards or outcomes.
How you wield your soul power is yours to decide.
But I can promise that after you shadow dive, you will live in truth – without apology or compromise.
You will embody your power without worrying how it’s interpreted by other people. You will stop worrying and start leading.
You will be initiated.
Shadowing Diving is your Soul Initiation. It’s your journey beyond self-development, to soul. It’s how you become soul-powered and breathe your truth into the world.
What exactly is included?
6 In-person Custom Shadow Diving Initiations
- 6—1-on-1 in-person rites of deep soul-diving through ritual, writing, movement, meditation and so much more
- Custom curriculum, rituals and ceremonies, designed by L’Erin specifically for you
- Delicious gourmet lunches, nourishing snacks and beverages, made especially for you and respecting your needs and preferences
- Inner explorations and nature adventures that amplify each theme we’re exploring and working on
- Sacred movement, body and energy work (yoga, reiki, aromatherapy, live music, crystal bowl healing, massage) led by guest teachers and practitioners
- Ample time to rest, relax and integrate your work throughout the day
- Treats that will surprise, delight + inspire you
- If coming from out of town – roundtrip Seattle airport pick up + drop off
6 One-on-One Follow-up Integration Calls
- Use your monthly calls with me to stay connected to your shadow diving, continue exploring and more deeply integrate the work of your in-person immersions
- Ask your questions and explore specific situations and challenges that have emerged since your intensive
- Get support, perspective and insight around your evolving life
- Share learnings from your adventures and monthly homework
- Our calls are 45 minutes and take place two weeks after your monthly, in-person immersion
24/7 Personal Support by Text
- For asking quick questions, getting fresh perspective, and for connection to a loving sounding board
- Adventures, explorations and life-expanding assignments so that you can integrate this deep soul work into your real world
- Right-on-time treats and gifts in the mail
- Even more delightful experiences that I’ll hold back on describing so that I don’t ruin the surprises…
What is my investment?
- Your shadow diving work with me is a commitment of six-months and $20,000*.
*Payment plans available
Looking for something shorter term? Check out Divining for Water.
Learning to Breathe Underwater is for you if…
- You want to feel powerful, free and soul-centered in every area of your life
- You hold yourself accountable + responsible for creating the life you want
- You feel called to something more and are looking for a guide who knows the way
- Investing $20k in yourself doesn’t put you in a financial crisis
- You’re naturally curious and crave a deeper connection with yourself, your soul and the world
Learning to Breathe Underwater
is NOT for you if…
- You’re in an emotional or financial crisis
- You wince at investing $20k in yourself
- You’re looking for a miracle worker or magic wand to make your life better
- You don’t like following directions, being given feedback or being held accountable
- You don’t have the time, energy or emotional capacity to deep soul dive
Learning to Breathe Underwater has a shape, but it’s not a program.
It’s your personal journey — a custom container of rituals, learnings and explorations for you and you only.
It’s an experience and an immersion.
It’s not a program; it’s a spiritual quest. You’ll have a deep connection with me, personally and one-on-one, and I’ll guide you through your one-of-a-kind shadow dive.
You were born for this. You have been called and you are ready.
There is no way to fail.
You’ve got this and I’ve got you.
Go beyond self-development into your soul power.
By application only.
Looking for something shorter term? Check out Divining for Water.
Cancellation, refund + scheduling policies
Still unsure if Learning to Breathe Underwater is right for you? Trust your path and your truth.
As with everything I offer, Learning to Breathe Underwater is non-refundable. Please familiarize yourself with my work before making the investment.
I do not offer any 1-on-1 sessions exclusively over the phone. The only other ways for us to work together 1-on-1 over the phone is through Learning to Breathe Underwater or a live group program.
If you have any questions about Learning to Breathe Underwater, please email support at firstname.lastname@example.org and my team with respond within 48 hours.
Thank you! Big love and gratitude.