L’Erin Alta // Bio
L’Erin has been called “a hand of the Goddess”. Creator of the SisterFire Sanctuary, a monthly gathering where women embrace their inner wisdom and truth through community, connection and play. Her flagship course, DIVE, helps women on the edge of a BIG life change start over, start fresh and do what they actually want to do — the way they want to do it.
Her in-person workshops, retreats and 1-on-1 intensives have been called “transformational temples for soulful, powerhouse women.”
L’Erin has been on the US speaking circuit since 1991. She has spoken at Microsoft, Spelman College, Smith College, Brave Girls Symposium, Georgia State University and many other notable schools and organizations.
L’Erin is a certified Forrest Yoga teacher, birth doula and Reiki master, and is trained in the art of non-violent communication. She is a student of Clarissa Pinkola Estes and the late Sobonfu Somé. L’Erin also has a daily 2-hour Vipassana meditation practice as taught by Mr. S.N. Goenka of Mynmar.
L’Erin has been featured in media outlets like The Seattle Times, Real Talk Radio, Inspired Coach Magazine and DanielleLaPorte.com.
A speaker, scribe, mentor and guide, everything she does is about living in service of your Soul. And love. (Always love.)
To bring visibility and voice to those consistently unseen + unheard in mainstream media, L’Erin donates at least 10% of her income to queer women of color artists + activists all over the world.
You can find her almost everywhere on social media @lerinalta.
Bios are usually boring sauce. This is hot sauce.
Intrigued? Read on.
The highlights + lowlights of my journey thus far. In order…mostly.
Reading prodigy. Model minority. Supermodel obsessive. Retail wrangler. Beauty pageant runner-up. Bootstrapping author. Unexpected prom queen. College drop-out (and eventual graduate). Scrappy makeup artist. Insatiable globe trotter. Corporate miserable. Soul-centered scribe. Sacred space guide. Brain surgery survivor. Ignited speaker. Professional light bringer.
- As a child, I was obsessed with Wonder Woman. I had her birthday cakes, Underroos, Halloween costumes, figurines… (She has an invisible airplane, a truth lasso and a theme song that says, “Change their minds and change their world.” What’s not to love?)
- Wanted to take a year off between high school and college to travel the world. Went directly to college instead. Couldn’t figure out how to catch my groove or care about school. Learned what unshakable depression, despondency and despair felt like in my bones.
- Between 19-24, I watched a close friend or family member die every 3-9 months. Car accidents. Drownings. Surgeries. Disease. After five years of death, my world collapsed. I learned the gravity of impermanence and the value of presence.
- Dropped out of college the first time. Schlepped lipstick for 9 months to buy an around-the-world plane ticket. Visited Thailand, Nepal, India and France — alone. Learned what freedom felt like.
- Returned to college. Started a monthly sister circle. Helped women transform and witness and rebirth. Found my calling. Sixteen years later that sacred space has evolved into the work on this website.
- More global adventures. Twenty-three countries total. I sat with spiritual teachers, medicine women and shamans in backwater ashrams, jungle temples, contemporary churches and mountain monasteries. I was in search of a God who remembered my name. (Learned that it had never been forgotten.)
- Worked for Microsoft. Nordstrom. Non-profits large and small. Government at every level. Learned what it felt like to chase money instead of meaning.
- Compiled everything I’d learned and started running in-person workshops and retreats at the turn of the century. In 2011, I opened the digital sanctuary known today as lerinalta.com and have been serving hundreds of women ever since.
- Jump to now — International speaking gigs. Multi-day retreats. Intensive workshops. One-on-one immersions. Everything I do is about living in service of your Soul. And love. (Always love.)